Old Spice Unleashes the Digital Kraken!
Today, the good folks at Old Spice are set to unleash the digital Kraken, with their latest digital adventure on Twitch. Apparently they spent 10 weeks building a big robotic Octopus that can be controlled via the Internet. Why? Because Old Spice is launching their latest manly scent, Krakengärd, and they apparently turned their marketing budget over to geniuses! They call it S.Q.U.I.D. which stands for Shared Quests Uniting Individual Dudes. Let’s take a look :
8 Cool Things About Old Spice S.Q.U.I.D.
- The mythical cephalopod took designers in a secret Brazilian lab more than 10 weeks to create and has roughly 1,000 moving robotic pieces.
- This SQUID isn’t just sitting on the sandy sea floor. Guys around the world are going to guide him through the trials and tribulations of adolescence: going to school, working a summer job and impressing the young lady.
- Players from around the internet will each get their chance to control one of the eight robotic arms as they work in unison with the other seven players to guide S.Q.U.I.D..
- While waiting their turn, players will be in a “Holding Tank” in an active chat room where they can trigger game environment changes with custom Twitch emotes.
- S.Q.U.I.D. is live Friday to Sunday (May 19-21) from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST each day.
- You can play S.Q.U.I.D. from your desktop or while on the go from your mobile device at OldSpiceTwitch.com.
- The last time Old Spice partnered with Twitch on the Nature Adventure live game experience, more than 1.2 million gamers took part!
- Old Spice Krakengärd, the newest scent in Old Spice’s Wild Collection comes in anti-perspirant, deodorant, body spray, body wash and shampoo form.
Old Spice S.Q.U.I.D. : Behind the Scenes